Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Sandy's Creamy Buffalo Chicken Bake

This has become a regular and a favorite recipe in our house. The chicken bake with the buffalo sauce is creamy, hot and spicy. I have had tons of people ask me for the recipe. I usually serve it on a bed of broccoli. The sauce is really a good compliment to the broccoli and gives the old veggies a little kick. I hope everyone enjoys this recipe as much as me and I encourage you go to over to www.lighterrecipes.com and check out the rest of Sandy's wonderful recipes!!! Thanks Sandy for another wonderful mainstay recipe in my house!!!




Creamy Buffalo Chicken Bake
(Aka Buffalo Chicken Dip)
Slightly adapted from Melissa Aka Want2BeThin789

Ingredients:
13-14 oz raw, boneless, skinless chicken breasts - yields 9 oz cooked (1 1/2 Lean)
2 oz or 1/2 cup 2% reduced fat cheddar cheese (1/2 Lean)
1/4 cup Frank's Hot Wings Sauce (4 Condiments)
1/4 cup Light Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing  (2 Healthy Fats)
2 tbsp reduced fat cream cheese (2 Condiments)
6 Servings of Veggies (6 Greens)

Directions:
 Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake chicken breasts for 30-35 minutes or until cooked. Remove chicken breasts from pan and chop the chicken into small pieces. Place chicken inside of a baking dish. Set aside.
In a small sauce pan, combine Frank's Hot Wings Sauce, ranch dressing and cream cheese. Heat over medium high heat, stirring until cream cheese is completely melted. Once melted, pour the sauce mixture over chicken. Then sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Bake for an additional 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Serve with 1 1/2 cups of celery or your favorite veggies for a complete lean and green meal.

2 Servings with 1 Complete Lean and Green, 3 Condiments and 1 Healthy Fat per serving

*Note: You can use 1/4 cup fat free ranch dressing and treat it as 2 condiments. Then use 2 tbsp of regular cream cheese as your two healthy fats.

4 comments:

  1. I made a dish with Frank's Buffalo Wing Sauce tonight as well. That sauce is sooo good! I can eat it with almost everything lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made some of the sauce, then chilled it in the fridge. I then used it as a dip for my raw veggies so far it is great with raw cauliflower and broccoli. Thanks for this wonderful sauce recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great! I didn't have cream cheese so I used Skinny Cow, and used low fat bleu cheese dressing instead of ranch (personal taste preference). Great recipe, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I meant Laughing Cow cheese, not Skinny Cow.

    ReplyDelete