Monday, March 21, 2011

My little Secret Weapons

Some of my ways of keeping my life sane with my medifast diet: #1: I place my days worth of Medifast food in a Ziploc bag and place a weeks worth in a rubbermaid tub!!
 The blue tubs are my husbands and the pink are mine. Four bins a piece will hold a months worth of medifast meals. So easy just grab one and go.
I have bought a simple binder with sheet protectors to keep all the recipes that I love that I have found on various websites. I print them out and keep the ones I love and throw away the ones I don't. LOL
 I have also included all the medifast guidelines such as the lean, green, meatless options and also veggies guidelines. I also include the condiment guidelines. This has worked great because it is with my recipes and it is close in my kitchen for very quick reference when preparing meals.
 Digital kitchen scale I have purchased at Wal-mart that helps weigh out my lean and green portions.
 My little crock pot....I also have a bigger one!! Great for days that you want to just throw stuff in a pot and forget it till meal time.
 My George Forman Grill is good for all meats but I still prefer my outdoor grill..Very good for my shrimp recipes.
 Food processor for marinades and anything that just needs a good mixing!!!
 I love my royal prestige steamer. A good steamer is a must have. We steam or grill most of our veggies.
 I mix all my shakes with my magic bullet and then refrigerate over night no grit just creamy shakes.
 This is my pampered chef measuring cup...one side is for liquid and other for solid measuring. LOVE IT!!
 I have a dry erase board that I put my menu on for each week. This is great for knowing what meat to lay out for each night. I also only purchase the amount of food for my lean and green each week.

Well, these are my secrets If you having any questions just comment below!! Have a wonderful Day!!

3 comments:

  1. You are one heck of an organizer! That is awesome. I kind of have a system like you where I put my food for the day in a ziploc sandwich bag. I put all the baggies in one big box and I always have 7 baggies for the week in a big red bowl in the kitchen. I always make my meals the night before. I used to have a binder but now I use Big Oven which is a software program that stores all my recipes and organizes it for me by category. If I like a recipe, I just copy and paste it in the software program. Pretty nifty and saves paper lol. Thanks for sharing your ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to check out Big Oven! I have liked using the binder so far cause I usually prep and the hubby actually does the cooking. My husband says that I live to organize. LOL I just do it so I don't go crazy with everything being here and there. I have to put all my ziploc baggies in a container that snaps because I have a diabetic cat that loves eating the Bars!! These so far are Cat Proof!!! Have a great day and keep all those great recipes coming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like your cat loves medifast too : ) Luckily my dog prefers his treats lol.

    ReplyDelete