Wednesday, March 9, 2011

New Recipes

I usually go and research my lean and green meals and find recipes to compile not only to have while I am on Medifast but after I transition off. I knew that I could not make it if I just had my 3 servings of green and one of lean each day. I would go crazy, I knew I had to find different recipes to keep things exciting. Each week I make out a menu and then put all the items I need for that week in a shopping list on my phone. I only go to the grocery store that one time. It has taken off a lot of stress. Everything is done and I have a dry erase board on my fridge that actually has all the days and the recipe for that day. When my husband wakes up in the morning he looks and sees what kinda meat we are having that day and sets it out to defrost. This has simplified my life so much because it ensures that I have everything I need and I can make sure that I do not have say chicken or broccoli 3 or 4 times a week. LOL

Both of these recipes were so wonderful I knew I had to share them with you.  Sooo...Monday's dinner was Bruschetta Topped Roasted Chicken w/Garlic Green Beans from the Time Savor Gourmet website.


Bruschetta
We had Char-Grilled Steak Fajitas on Tuesday Night for dinner this recipe was from the Time Savor Gourmet's recipe book. 

Steak:
1 1/4lb Lean grilling steak
3T Time Savor Gourmet Southwestern Seasoning
     Non Stick cooking spray
     Natural sea salt and pepper to taste

Preheat outdoor grill to medium-high heat. Spray grill grates with nonstick cooking spray prior to heating. Rub steak with Southwestern seasoning, Salt and pepper. Grill for 5-7 minutes on each side, until desired temperature is reached. Use a meat thermometer for best results. let steak rest for 10 minutes and then slice diagonally, across the grain. 

Serving: 1/4 of this recipe is one lean option

Fajita Style Veggies

3C Red bell pepper, sliced thin
3C Green bell pepper, sliced thin
2T Water
1T Time Savor Gourmet Garlic Gusto seasoning
1T Time Savor Gourmet Southwestern seasoning
      Non stick cooking spray
      Natual Sea salt and pepper to taste

Spray a large frying pan with nonstick cooking spray and heat over medium high heat. Add vegetables, seasoning, and water. Saute for 5 minutes, until crisp tender.

Serving: 1/4 of this recipe is 3 green options

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the wonderful words on my blog! You are so sweet! I really appreciate it! I am glad you have found some recipes you could use on my blog. Congrats on your weight loss! You are doing it!!! :) Do you have the Time Savour Gourmet spices and such? Are they worth getting? Do you have the cook book as well? I wasn't sure if I should bother with it or not. Thanks so much!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought the cookbook and a couple of the spices came in sample packets. The cookbook is actually very handy and I have found a lot of recipes that I can't wait to try. Me and the hubby haven't decided to buy the spices yet. Inside the cookbook she has subsitutions to her spice blends. Also if you go on her website and go to the products page and click each spice and they list most of the stuff she has in the spice blends. I would get the cookbook and see I think the hubby is just gonna wing it with the spices. :) On her website she lists all the recipes in the book I think. Sorry I took a while to respond I came down with the flu and haven't been on the computer in a while. Keep in Touch!!!

    ReplyDelete