Sunday, September 11, 2011

Cauliflower Salad

This picture and recipe is another from www.genaw.com. I love cauliflower raw...but the husband not so much. I make this up in one bowl and let it sit over night for the best taste. I have made some changes to the recipe though. I love more bite to my salad so I add about 4 teaspoons of dijon mustard. I omit the green onions and add a small amount of red onion. Lastly, I am lazy I don't cook bacon up to put in this I go and purchase the bacon pieces that go on salad and just sprinkle a little in to add a little bacon flavor. I am not supposed to have that much bacon sooo....that is why I love the convenience of the prepackaged kind.  I don't know if everyone will love this one but it is worth a try. The husband will actually raw cauliflower but only if I fix it like this. Enjoy!!!



COUNTRY CAULIFLOWER SALAD
4-5 slices bacon, chopped
1 pound fresh cauliflower, chopped
1 green onion, chopped
1 hard boiled egg, chopped
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
Salt and pepper, to taste
Fry the bacon until crisp; drain the fat. Combine all of the ingredients and chill well before serving.
Makes 6-8 servings
Do not freeze
Per 1/6 Recipe: 190 Calories; 18g Fat; 4g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 3g Net Carbs
Per 1/8 Recipe: 142 Calories; 13g Fat; 3g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 3g Net Carbs

No comments:

Post a Comment