Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Grilled Smothered Chicken























GRILLED "SMOTHERED" CHICKEN 
6 boneless chicken breasts
Salt, pepper, and desired seasonings to taste
Butter 
8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
1 green pepper, chopped, about 6 ounces
1/2 cup onion, chopped, 2 1/2 ounces
1 clove garlic, minced
8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
Flatten the chicken, if desired; sprinkle with desired seasonings. Grill until done to your taste. Meanwhile, sauté the mushrooms, green pepper, onion and garlic in butter until tender. Place the grilled chicken on a baking sheet, cover with the vegetables, then smother with cheese. Bake at 350º about 5 minutes, until the cheese is melted.
Makes 6 servings
Do not freeze
Per Serving: 332 Calories; 18g Fat; 38g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 4g Net Carbs

I got the original recipe from this website: 
http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/smothered_chicken.html


Love....Love....Love this recipe. We mostly grill the chicken but we have also baked the chicken in a glass casserole dish the oven until fully cooked then added all the sauteed veggies and a little cheddar cheese and bake until cheese melts and is ooey and gooey. We are having this tonight for dinner we are paring this with a small salad. I hope everyone enjoys this recipe. 

2 comments:

  1. This looks like a winner! I was just thinking the same thing except with cheddar, bbq, and peppers (I am not much of a mushroom fan). Are you back to blogging again? How are you doing on your weight loss? Glad to see you back :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am trying to get back in my blogging. I have had some medical issues that have kept me steady at my weight. Positive thing is that I have not gained any weight. I need to get back into eating better and make myself exercise. I need to really drop more weight by Christmas. I am not doing Medifast...I am doing a cheap version of it though. LOL I hope you are doing well. I look at your blog every now and again, Looks like your doing really good. Keep checking back!

    ReplyDelete