Friday, September 9, 2011

Mexican Chicken

I love Mexican food and I have been on a little bit of a Mexican kick here lately. I have found this low carb website that I have just fell in love with. I found this Mexican Chicken recipe on there. This site is called www.genaw.com. It definitely is a site worth checking out if you are on a low carb diet. There are many recipes from appetizers to dessert. I love that the main dishes are busted down into pork, beef, veggie, etc... Makes it really easy to select the protein for the evening and do a quick search in just that category.


OK.... So tonight for dinner we are having Mexican Chicken with green beans. It also pairs well with just a salad too. I like my food a little on the spicy side so I used the Hot Enchilada sauce, but you can use mild or medium. It all depends on  how hot you want it. The chicken comes out really juicy and full of flavor from baking in the Enchilada sauce. I hope all of you enjoyed the other recipes and I hope you enjoy this one too. 


MEXICAN CHICKEN
1 pound boneless chicken breasts
1 teaspoon Seasoning for Tacos
Salt, to taste
1/2 cup enchilada sauce
4 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
3 green onions, chopped
Sprinkle the chicken on both sides with taco seasoning; grill or sauté. Cut the chicken into cubes and place in a greased 8x8" baking dish; season with salt to taste. Add the enchilada sauce and toss to coat the chicken. Sprinkle the cheese over the chicken and bake at 350º for 10-20 minutes, until hot and bubbly. Scatter the green onions over the top.
Makes 4 servings
Can be frozen
Per Serving: 266 Calories; 12g Fat; 33g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 3g Net Carbs

5 comments:

  1. I love Mexican food too! This looks delicious and I know my husband would liek this too because it doesn't look like "Diet" food at all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI! THESE RECIPES YOU POST CAN BE EATEN WHILE ON MEDIFAST??? ARE THESE YOUR LEAN AND GREEN MEALS?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandy has converted this recipe over to medifast standards on her web page: http://www.lighterrecipes.com/2011/09/mexican-chicken.html

    My recent recipes are not medifast per say but more low carb. My recipes are usually converted by sandy recently to make them medifast friendly. May and before on my website is by Medifast standard after that date they are just low carb that can be converted easy enough to medifast. I believe that anyway....LOL Go over to Sandy's Kitchen web page to check out her recipes if you havent already. She is awesome. Thanks for commenting and please keep checking back for more low carb recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks... and keep up the good work you look awesome. Just starting medifast and hope I have as much success as you. Will definitely check out Sansy;s blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you...Sandy will help you out with some great recipes. Once you get the hang of medifast you will be able to convert recipes or just be lazy like i used too and submit them to nutrition support. LOL I hope that you have success with your weight loss. I have scaled back on how strict I have been on the weekend but I will get back to the grind at the end of the month. Good luck and enjoy your success!!!

    ReplyDelete