Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Less of Me

I am a long way away from my goal of 145 lbs but I am on my way the photo below was taken at a winery about 2 years ago at my heaviest. My heaviest was 306 lbs! I couldn't believe that I had let myself get this out of shape. I was doing all the wrong things...fast food everyday and no exercise. I had to do something. I tried p90x for about a year and reduced portion sizes in my food and I lost about 40 lbs. I started putting the weight back on though so...I started Medifast at the end of January of this year. I have managed to get my weight down to 216 lbs. I have had some medical issues that have derailed my weight loss...but I have been watching what I have been eating and havent gained any of the weight back. Me and the husband have recently decided to take the nutritional information from medifast and do it ourselves with Special K bars and such. The medifast worked it was just about $300 a person before our lean and green meals that we had to buy and cook. Way too expensive. So far so good on our own. My next task....the elliptical machine. I need to get my mind set that I have to exercise no matter what even if its a little every day. I just wanted to post this picture to let everyone know the hard work is worth it and that I can make it to my goal..I just can't give up no matter what. I might get side lined but I have to get back in the game time after time. I hope everyone enjoys the updated picture.....I know I feel better and look better than I have in years and that means the world to me!!!!! :)
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Hey Gerri,

    You guys are looking great and congratulations!

    Just a tip...I have used the Kashi GoLean products which seem to be a little closer to Medifast.

    Isn't reading labels fun???

    Keep healthy!!
    Karen
    www.imnotfluffy.com

    ReplyDelete