Friday, April 8, 2011

Mesquite Shrimp with Zucchini and Squash



This recipe is my main stay. I have went back to this recipe over and over in the time since I started Medifast. I love the spice that the Mesquite seasoning gives the shrimp. To make it simple I purchase the frozen and already peeled shrimp at the store but you could buy the fresh shrimp also. I cook mine on my George Forman Grill since it has been really cold in Missouri. As it warms up here I will be grilling them out side on some skewers on the grill, hopefully it will be soon. The zucchini and the squash are an excellent choice with this and it will being going in some tin foil on the grill out side too. I found this recipe on the Get Skinny Be Happy website. They have tons of other wonderful Lean and Green Recipes on this website that I have been using in my menu week in and week out.

Mesquite Grilled Shrimp




Prep Time: 5 mins
Cooking Time: 20 mins
Servings: 1
Ingredients
  • 7oz. large shrimp
  • 3/4 cup sliced zucchini
  • 3/4 cup summer squash
  • 1 tablespoon mesquite seasoning
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • oregano (if desired)

Directions

Place foil on grill. Spread zucchini and squash on grill and sprinkle with oregano. Brush shrimp with 1 tablespoon olive oil and sprinkle with mesquite seasoning. Grill turning once.

1 comment:

  1. This looks like another great recipe! I love shrimp and I love mesquite seasoning. I can't wait to try this dish too!

    ReplyDelete