Monday, April 25, 2011

Tuscan Turkey w/Red Pepper and Green Bean Salad

I found this recipe in the Time Savor Gourmet Cookbook! This meal was wonderful. This salad is served cold and would be great as a summer salad with a steak, grilled chicken, or in this case turkey. I love my private chef (aka my husband). He seems to make everything taste so wonderful. I think there is a saying that everything tastes better when you don't have to cook it. LOL We only made a portion of the dressing that goes on the salad because it made way too much for just two servings. We also put the salad, after it was all mixed with the dressing, in the freezer to cool down quickly while we prepared, and cooked the turkey. Quick and easy meal that we will continue to have over and over through the summer. I hope everyone enjoys!!!



Tuscan Turkey Cutlets
2 tsp Roasted Garlic Oil
2 6 oz Boneless, Skinless turkey cutlets
2 tsp Tuscan Seasoning
Natural sea salt and pepper to taste

In a large frying pan, heat oil over high heat until sizzling. Place cutlets on a plate and sprinkle liberally with tuscan seasoning. When oil is hot reduce heat to medium and add cutlets to the pan. Cook for 3-5 minutes on each side, until turkey is thoroughly cooked. Remove them from the pan and let rest for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.

Serving: 2 lean and 2 healthy fat option


Balsamic Laced Red Pepper & Green Bean Salad with Mustard Vinaigrette

Salad:

2 C Medium red bell peppers, sliced thin
2 C Green beans, ends trimmed and steamed crisp tender
1/4 C Scallions
1/4 C Mustard Vinaigrette (Recipe follows)

Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and toss to coat. Refrigerate and serve chilled.

Balsamic & Mustard Vinaigrette:


1/3 C Balsamic Condimenti
1/3C Spicy brown mustard
4 tsp Roasted garlic oil
3 T Chicken broth
2 tsp Garlic Seasoning
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp sea salt

Place all ingredients in the large bowl and whisk for 2-3 minutes until a thick vinaigrette forms and all ingredients are incorporated. Makes 1 cup vinaigrette. Store in an airtight container, refrigerated for up to 1 week.

Serving: 1C Salad with 1 tsp vinaigrette is 2 green and 1 healthy fat option

4 comments:

  1. This looks absolutely delicious! Thanks for sharing this! By the way, Happy Easter...This may be a late greeting. Nonetheless, it won't hurt...Thanks! Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment. Happy Easter to you too..lol I have checked out your site. I love to paint, draw...anything artsy. I just started playing with a Nikon D90 Camera. I feel I get in a little over my head sometimes. lol. I hope you love this recipe as much as we did. The green bean salad I know will be repeated over and over in our household this summer. Have a wonderful day and keep checking back!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is Balsamic Condimenti? Is that the same as Balsamic vinegar or the Balsamic salad dressing? Thanks! It sounds good and I want to make it on Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @sandy; what we do for the balsamic condimenti is take balsamic vinegar and then add some Fasweet (Liquid sweetener)I usually start with a small drop of the sweetener and then just add more as needed to combat the sour vinegar taste. I do the same think when I make Brushetta Chicken breasts from her website. If you use the liquid sweetener know that it is very strong and you only need like a drop or two to make something very very sweet. LOL take Care and I hope you love the recipe like we did!!

    ReplyDelete