Sunday, April 10, 2011

NO DOUGH PIZZA

I have been wanting pizza since I started Medifast. I tried to love the Cauliflower pizza but I just couldn't. The crust to me tasted just like cauliflower. I also just found another recipe that combines the medifast crackers and eggs to make a dough. I will try that in a couple weeks and let you all know what I think. I think this was really good, I was not impressed with the Walden Farms sauce. I would recommend another low carb brand. Other than that the meal was really good. We had a small side salad to finish off the requirement for our greens. I hope you enjoy this it was a nice substitute for regular pizza. Don't forget if you want different toppings you can add them just keep them on plan!!!

No Dough Meat Crust Pizza
Ingredients
12.5 oz Lean ground beef
2 cups part-skim mozzarella cheese; shredded, divided
1/2 cup Walden Farms Pizza Sauce
2 thin slices of Onion
½ cup sliced green peppers
1 cup sliced mushrooms
½ cup sliced tomatoes

This makes 4 servings
Per serving
1 Lean serving
1 vegetable serving
1 condiment serving

Preparation
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Meanwhile, brown the ground beef; drain.
3. Place meat in a mixing bowl and mix with 1 cup of mozzarella.
4. Spread the mixture into a circle on a round pizza pan or baking stone(I prefer the stone); and top with 1/2 cup pizza sauce.
5. Top with the rest of the mozzarella, optional toppings and seasonings.
6. Bake for about 25 minutes or until cheese is melted and browned.
Comments: Tastes like a pizza, cuts like a pizza, yet there is nodough....though do have a fork and knife on hand for eating purposes becauseit can get a little messy if eaten with hands only. I am a South Beachdieter with a love for Italian foods and this is what curbs my craving forpizza. I love mine with the turkey pepperoni slices, onion, green peppersand mushroom. Serve with a tossed salad or marinated veggies.

4 comments:

  1. I like your blog. I can't wait to try this. Thanks....Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks!!! I am on Medifast and I try to come up with yummy low carb Lean and Green Meals. The more tasty the food is the longer I will stick to the new way of eating!! Enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that looks sooo good! You are making my mouth water. I think I am going to try this with bbq sauce. For some reason I am craving BBQ lol. Thanks for another great recipe! You are on a roll with finding yummy looking recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was really good! I am going to make it again this weekend with a couple of minor modifications.
    Love your recipes!

    ReplyDelete